Witness to a Storm (after reading Yeats)

the grey stormbuoyant and dark in the sky
my legs crossed upon a bench
dark shiver from the deep

ladybird on my knee
boisterous fly expelled with open book

ladies' silhouettes past my insouciant eye

great is the spectacle beyond
lightning's prongs stabbing the rising waves
digging into mirrored grey spume

anger gnaws at heaps of seaweed
at the beach's diminishing border

the sun dances in my lap
seemingly unaware
of the storm's vagrant antagonism

just so i have been witness to the world
to the howls the rage the despair

bathing visitors hurry to umbrage

still my pen holds sway

i have no eager appetite to negate
long murky lines of horizon's rains
drawing a smoky curtain
over naked nature's pains

rather turn the pen over
spill this ink
clasp the concave moment
as light assembles into dark

clouds into torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment